I love quirky poetry, but good poetry, not weird just for the sake of being weird. But I think my days of live poetry readings are over. The one time I have read poetry out loud in front of an audience (outside of workshopping at good old RMIT prof writing course) was a crazy experience, lights going out, mike stopped working, etc etc! so yeah my performing days are long gone!
I will try and put some stuff up here are hopefully some new stuff. I'm about to be published in the second anthology for The Great American Poetry Show. This was a welcome surprise after submitting some poems about 3 years ago! They were waiting to have enough poems they loved, rather than just publishing whatever they got, which is a real ego boost. So yeah that is a major catalyst in getting me back on the writing path.
We'll see how long this lasts, but I'm happy to be finally joining the blogging-sphere!
No comments:
Post a Comment